Thursday, May 15, 2008

Our First Official Post

Well, I have finally decided to enter the computer age of communication. I love reading the blogs of people I know... (and some blogs of people I don't really know, but find humorous none the less!). Unfortunately, I have been a little too lazy to create a family blog of our own. Until now. I finally did it. So what took me so long? It wasn't that I lacked the skills. It wasn't even that I lacked the time or energy to complete the task. It was all about the name of our blog. I couldn't decide. That big title at the top of the page... glaring at you...this is big stuff you know. The name of your blog stays with you... and if it is a bad one, it can linger like the smell of old milk when someone spills it in the car! I tried to pick something cute or funny or creative... but I had nothing. So, I finally resigned myself to the fact that I would just have a regular old title. Nothing cute or fancy. Just an accurate description of life at the Shields' home.

Now that I have the blog created... I find myself too tired to write anything else. I hope you will return often and check in on us. I also hope that when you do, our blog doesn't stink like my car did back in the days of sippy cups!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am glad to see that you finally made the big step. I too understand the importance of titles or names; whether they be for your blogs,cars, shoes, kids, etc....they all hold the same level of importance to me(which is sad!). As for myself, my son's last name is Bobo! Obviously, it was not premeditated!! Nor is it right to change after 6 years, so guess what: Mistake #12. The Shields family zoo is an excellent and fitting name:) I look forward to your future posts; I am sure they will be filled with lots of excitement, intrigue, and humor...(no pressure...lol.)